Thanks for visiting my blog. I have a strong belief in the preservation of family. I love keeping records and memorabilia of our family and everything we do. I have created a website to share some of the wonderful memories I have of my family and of many others that I have been blessed to have been behind the camera for. I invite you to visit my photography website, while you are there if you would like to schedule a photo setting all the information is there. I am a Scrap 4 Hire, which means, I will gladly preserve your family history for you. All you have to do is make the memories.... When you are done here, please visit http://cowgirl-design-and-photog.smugmug.com/

Please help our website, by visiting our sponsor ads. Thank you!

Friday, April 29, 2011

Shinny Thing Itis...


I'm assuming that everyone wants to do something special, something notable in their life. I know I do. You can't say I haven't tried. I've tried so many things. I've tried every get rich quick trick I've seen. I've started several small businesses. I've bought and sold lots of animals, for lots of reasons.

All these things and many more I've tried without changing my heart. I wanted to be seen as someone special. I wanted money and lots of it. I've even tried to be special by hooking my name with my Dad, who has done some pretty notable things in his life. Why with all this effort have I not become wildly successful?

I think there are two reasons:
First reason: My motivation was entirely wrong!
Second reason: Something I learned from Jon Davis, I have Shinny Thing itis...

It's like I go around and dig shallow holes with my ideas, when it doesn't just take off and fly. People don't instantly flock to my idea, or if I'm not getting rich quickly I jump ship without gaining any depth to the hole I was digging.

This starts to explain my motivation and how it was entirely wrong. I was looking for instant gratification. This is the definition of Shinny Thing itis.

This is in my opinion a bi-product of my addiction. I am looking for the shinny thing that will draw people to me and to attract people who will love me. When that doesn't happen instantly, I'm off to the next thing.

If I were to dig my hole deep enough to become an expert in the shinny thing I would indeed be able to attract people to my ideas. I'm definitely an expert in Shinny Thing itis, but that's not why you are here.

The Shinny Thing, I'm going to become an expert in (probably not in this life) is the light of Christ. I'm going to dig deep in my soul, and clear out all the garbage that keeps that light from shinning from me.

With my light of Christ, being my shinning beacon, I'm going to give all that I have to anyone who wishes to bask in His light.

I urge you all to take some well deserved time and of course paper and pen to begin to get clear and focused on what Shinny Thing you want to become an expert on. Something I've learned is although, much of my life is past I'm still young enough to live my truth. I know you are also young enough to live your truth. Together, truth and truth we can change our lives.

I love you all, and I'm so thankful you took this time to read my blog. Please feel free to comment either publicly or privately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment