Thanks for visiting my blog. I have a strong belief in the preservation of family. I love keeping records and memorabilia of our family and everything we do. I have created a website to share some of the wonderful memories I have of my family and of many others that I have been blessed to have been behind the camera for. I invite you to visit my photography website, while you are there if you would like to schedule a photo setting all the information is there. I am a Scrap 4 Hire, which means, I will gladly preserve your family history for you. All you have to do is make the memories.... When you are done here, please visit http://cowgirl-design-and-photog.smugmug.com/

Please help our website, by visiting our sponsor ads. Thank you!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Time of New Birth


I love this wonderful time of year. I love this Spring more than any other one in the past. I AM this Spring, it's my time! I was driving along the highway early this morning. Since, I live in rural Idaho I have the privilege to watch all the new calves around the valley. This year, I've noticed several of the calves, playing “King of the Hill.” What is King of the Hill? It's a game that I've played with the kids, that challenges them to be their best. Here are these little brand new calves running and playing to the top of the hills in their corrals. They are being adventurous, courageous, and just being who they are meant to be.

Being my true self, that is being born this Spring. I can be adventurous, courageous, and be who I AM. What a fearless and creative process I AM embarking on!

I feel there is a natural flow to my life, I don't feel rushed, or the urge to slow down. Today, I made a somewhat poor decision. My early appointment ran later than I expected, so I slipped into manual overdrive and rushed off to my next appointment. I calculated that it would be a faster route to turn on a certain street. Surprise! They are widening the road. Construction orange doesn't even begin to define how crazy this decision was. I could feel the anxiety was creeping up my chest, and making itself clear that I had made a horrible decision. I'm going to be late for my next appointment.

Suddenly, it hit me that this craziness and anxiety wasn't going to change anything. No not anything. It definitely wasn't going to make the cars in front of me have the ability to go faster, the flaggers weren't going to magically turn there signs around and they would say GO FAST.

I was able to recognize the truth in the situation. I also accepted that all things in the Lord's time. I will get there when the time is right. And so it was.

I arrived and the perfect parking spot was waiting for me. I rushed in, and went to check in. She asked for my card. I offered it to her. They didn't accept my card. Crazy? I stood there and realized that it never mattered if I was on time. I realized that there wasn't ever a reason to be that wound up. There was only a reason for me to accept the Lord's time line, since He already knew they didn't accept my card.

I'm so thankful I was able to make what might be considered a wrong turn. I am thankful I could use this as an opportunity to find a calm, in the mist of a storm. I am thankful, I can recognize the Lord's hand in my life. I know that this bread crumb, strengthened my truth and faith in the Lord.

1 comment: