Thanks for visiting my blog. I have a strong belief in the preservation of family. I love keeping records and memorabilia of our family and everything we do. I have created a website to share some of the wonderful memories I have of my family and of many others that I have been blessed to have been behind the camera for. I invite you to visit my photography website, while you are there if you would like to schedule a photo setting all the information is there. I am a Scrap 4 Hire, which means, I will gladly preserve your family history for you. All you have to do is make the memories.... When you are done here, please visit http://cowgirl-design-and-photog.smugmug.com/

Please help our website, by visiting our sponsor ads. Thank you!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Be Still--Right Now


I have to credit Rozanne Paxman for this absolutely beautiful writing. She is a very spiritual and in tune woman. I love her writings. This particular writing spoke very close to my heart. I felt a strong urge to post it here on my blog.

Through following the ARP steps, I've learned that Being Still is critical to staying close to the Lord. It is so easy for me to allow the chatter in my mind to drawn out the whispering of the Lord. This is something that I know I always need to stay vigilant in doing. I haven't come far enough from my old patterns to trust that I am safe. The chatter comes into my mind, and threatens to take over. I don't always find it convenient to stop and be still, or sometimes I don't even think about it.

This writing from Ro Paxman has helped me create a model that can help me tune into the love and light of Christ so that I can be still and allow the flow of His love to sustain me and lift me up.


Simply Being Still
"Be like the promontory against which the waves continually break but stands firm and tames the fury of the water around it." – Marcus Aurelius

Be still. Right now.
Close your eyes and imagine that you are sitting on a hill far from the city, the moon shining across the tops of the trees. You hear silver-dollar-shaped leaves of Quaking Aspens trembling in the breeze. You smell musty earth mixed with pine needles. You feel the cool earth beneath you.
There is no one to speak and disturb your thoughts... and you ask yourself who you are and why you are here. You listen to a small, still voice inside of you whisper... and you know that you are more than you have thought yourself to be. You are a child of God... and you become strong as the thought flows through your mind.
Be still. Right now.
Know who you are and what you are and what you are meant to be, and you will discover a firmness of mind that the greatest philosopher, doctor of medical science, or the most brilliant politician cannot transmit to you. Know that you were given gifts of great importance that you were meant to share. They are important simply because they are yours, and it is important that you use them.
Be still. Right now.
You do not have to be thrown about with waves of thought, doubt, and confusion any longer. You do not have to go here and there, seeking acceptance. Once you discover that God is the steadying force of your soul, you will relax, look about, and see how mankind's fascination with scurrying about, chasing rainbows, and seeking recognition causes one to miss that which would make one feel true joy.
Be still. Right now.
Consider the foundation you are standing on. Is it firm or sandy? Are you wobbling back and forth on a pencil tip, waiting for someone else to write a permission slip for you to seek what you were meant to share with the world? Or are you walking forward - self-propelled - because you have learned that the world will not voluntarily give you permission to do anything but sit in a corner and wait.
Be still. Right now.
Listen to the stillness tell you that joy is found in being true to self, no matter who you interact with. Hear the core of your heart teach you that reacting with grace and honor, despite a hurricane of spite or anger coming from within, brings you one step closer to the peace you seek.
Be still. Right now.
Hear the sound of crickets chirping on a warm summer's night. See the North Star shining in the dark skies. Feel the calm that comes from knowing that you are who you were meant to be. Find the firmness of soul that comes from
Simply Being Still

No comments:

Post a Comment