Thanks for visiting my blog. I have a strong belief in the preservation of family. I love keeping records and memorabilia of our family and everything we do. I have created a website to share some of the wonderful memories I have of my family and of many others that I have been blessed to have been behind the camera for. I invite you to visit my photography website, while you are there if you would like to schedule a photo setting all the information is there. I am a Scrap 4 Hire, which means, I will gladly preserve your family history for you. All you have to do is make the memories.... When you are done here, please visit http://cowgirl-design-and-photog.smugmug.com/

Please help our website, by visiting our sponsor ads. Thank you!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Being Willing Continued...

As I have done some more thinking about ...Being willing... I have come up with some ideas. As a general guide in recovery "we willingly turn our lives over to God." then something comes along like the opportunity to be willing to eat right, exercise or whatever it is. The old lies we have told ourselves start screaming for us to listen to them. The moment we recognize them for the lies that they are; willingness to choose something new springs up. We, again, choose to turn this over to God, and humbly ask Him to remove this shortcoming, this lie. In that split second the willingness of our hearts, turns to God and peace is showered on our souls.

For me, this has been a journey not only of healing but of repetitious learning and relearning the steps back to our Heavenly Father. He so lovingly gives me opportunities of growth, that tenderly teach me. For so many years I have been brutally at war with myself, God, and everyone else. The tender mercies of the Lord's teachings are so real, and surprisingly so comfortable and offer a safety I've never known in my addictions.

Yesterday, I was meditating with my vision board, and I was offered the sense of real peace. I know I have talked about this peace on several occasions. What I haven't talked about is my willingness to accept it into my heart. I love the feeling, often times I find myself hiding from it. What I mean is, I can't deny the reality of this feeling of peace, forgiveness, and love. I find in the initial moments of these feelings coming to my heart, I feel somewhat embarrassed and physically get a little flushed thus I hide or push the feelings a side.

I knew in that moment that I had to make the choice to be willing to accept this gift, that in spite of my weaknesses Heavenly Father, was offering me His peace, forgiveness, and love. I struggled a bit, and finally sat there and felt. In a split second, everything was made right. I'm not even going to attempt to express how different my life is today, the beauty, the light, the love.

With that being said, I want to invite you to be willing to accept the gifts that Heavenly Father is offering you through His tender mercies. Recovery is a beautiful place to be, but being willing to accept His gifts into our hearts hold a beauty that is incomprehensible.  

No comments:

Post a Comment