Thanks for visiting my blog. I have a strong belief in the preservation of family. I love keeping records and memorabilia of our family and everything we do. I have created a website to share some of the wonderful memories I have of my family and of many others that I have been blessed to have been behind the camera for. I invite you to visit my photography website, while you are there if you would like to schedule a photo setting all the information is there. I am a Scrap 4 Hire, which means, I will gladly preserve your family history for you. All you have to do is make the memories.... When you are done here, please visit http://cowgirl-design-and-photog.smugmug.com/

Please help our website, by visiting our sponsor ads. Thank you!

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

What Inspires Me...


A big milestone in my life is coming up this week; my 41st birthday. I realize that it is only now that I am beginning to live my passion. It truely is never to late, to live your passion. What is my passion, what is my gift to give? So I started looking around me for something - really anything - that might inspire me.

The cliché' (did I spell that right?) “Housewives, sit around all day in their robe, watching t.v., and eating Bon Bons.” I thought, "Huh, I'd like to be in my robe all day!” Well, maybe not all day, but this freedom certainly intrigued me. So I knew that whatever I ended up doing, I definitely wanted lots of flexibility and freedom.

I admire my friend who is a volunteer EMT in our community. She seems to be on call 24/7...Even though she works hard all day at her job, is a mom, and a wife she still finds time to serve her community. Her generosity and integrity really move me, and add a desire to touch people in some way was ignited.

Another dear friend has such a strong work ethic, and the deepest empathy toward the people she works with. Anyone can clearly see her passion and sincerity towards people. Seeing her joy and passion really made me re-prioritize and put more emphasis on happiness and balance in my life.

My mom had to go through a year of physical therapy after two knee replacements, and her determination and fearlessness was incredibly inspiring. Her desire and motivation to better herself was incredible to see and made me feel like I could do anything I set my mind to.

I am most profoundly inspired by my husband...He is always calm in a crisis. He adjust with the sudden changes in life, especially when they are starkly out of his control. (which most things in life are) I am inspired to trust the flow of life, because of this amazing hubby of mine.

Inspiration is all around me - but I still had not discovered my passion or purpose. I decided to take some time to reflect. I started to dance when the mood strikes, take more pictures (lots more pictures), scrapbook; because I love to preserve memories and I love to create art. Scrapbooking is a perfect passionate combination of two things I love to do.

As for the people in my life who inspired me to follow my heart, my heart is full of love and gratitude for you and your courage to follow your passion.

In the end, I've realized that for me, my purpose in life is not so much about finding that one thing I am meant to do, but rather a constant unfolding journey of growing, appreciating, loving, learning, creating new things... and most importantly, experiencing tons of joy!

As I finish this, I realize that a whole day has gone by, and yes, I’m still in my robe. I should probably change... nah!

No comments:

Post a Comment