Thanks for visiting my blog. I have a strong belief in the preservation of family. I love keeping records and memorabilia of our family and everything we do. I have created a website to share some of the wonderful memories I have of my family and of many others that I have been blessed to have been behind the camera for. I invite you to visit my photography website, while you are there if you would like to schedule a photo setting all the information is there. I am a Scrap 4 Hire, which means, I will gladly preserve your family history for you. All you have to do is make the memories.... When you are done here, please visit http://cowgirl-design-and-photog.smugmug.com/

Please help our website, by visiting our sponsor ads. Thank you!

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Acceptance


As the holiday season is fast approaching, it leaves me really fighting the depression that has enveloped my life. Some of you know that I have two older daughters and we are sadly estranged. Through the years, I have come to accept that this is what is. I can love my daughters, in spite of the challenges. I can accept that there is a good likelihood that we will never have the mommy/daughter bond that every mom and daughter dream of.
There was a time when I never talked about my daughters or the situation, even to people I was in close relationships with. Now I can freely talk about my lose and about the pain and heartache that it causes me even all these years later.
As I come into the holiday season. I am going to have a heart of gratitude that I am in a place of acceptance and allow love to flow through my life and to my daughters.
I curled up on the couch the other night and took a stroll down memory lane as I went through my daughters scrapbooks. The sense of guilt crept in, maybe it always will. Truth is I am responsible for what I've contributed to the heartaches of myself and my daughters. As I leafed through the pages, I smiled, and wept at the precious memories that these pages hold. I am so thankful that I have these books to keep these memories alive for me. I sense that it would be a special gesture to give these scrapbooks to the girls, since I know that don't read my blog. My plan is to send it to them for Christmas. Hopefully, it will touch their hearts with my love...

No comments:

Post a Comment