Thanks for visiting my blog. I have a strong belief in the preservation of family. I love keeping records and memorabilia of our family and everything we do. I have created a website to share some of the wonderful memories I have of my family and of many others that I have been blessed to have been behind the camera for. I invite you to visit my photography website, while you are there if you would like to schedule a photo setting all the information is there. I am a Scrap 4 Hire, which means, I will gladly preserve your family history for you. All you have to do is make the memories.... When you are done here, please visit http://cowgirl-design-and-photog.smugmug.com/

Please help our website, by visiting our sponsor ads. Thank you!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Let's Dance in the Rain


The funniest thing happened yesterday afternoon...There are so many lessons to be learned from this experience and I want to share that with you.

On Tuesday, I had told my daughter that I would take her to practice her rodeo advents at the arena on the edge of town. About the time, I was supposed to take her something came up and I couldn't take her. Needless to say my daughter was seriously upset. Her practice time with her horse it truly important to her. She is a strong example of dedication to something you love. Seeing how upset she was, I PROMISED to take her every evening, without fail. That is a big promise, with big consequences if I don't follow through.

So Wednesday, the weather was rainy on and off all day. My daughter text me on her lunch break, and said she still wanted to go. As school was getting out, I loaded up the horse trailer, goat, and horse, in the rain. I realized as the rain dripped off the hood of my hoody that this is really funny. I didn't stop to consider the consequences, I just kept getting ready.

When my daughter came home, she made a sandwich and as we pulled out, she asked me “Are you sure you want to go? I don't want you to get cold.” In side I laughed again, as I told her how funny I thought this was and I wanted to go, and make sure I kept my promise.

We arrived at the arena, and started to unload the horse and goat. My beautiful daughter, started to laugh as she figured out she was wet and cold. She realizing that I had gone to an effort for her, she was hesitant to decide she wanted to go home. As we were headed home, my daughter says “I don't think I thought this through very well.” (What a lesson she learned) “We gave it a good try, and it just didn't work out.”

It was so funny. I'm not sure that the situation was funny, but what was so funny is how I felt. I felt like we were dancing in the rain. I felt like this was an opportunity to bond with my girl and to make a memory that will last us for the rest of our lives. I can just hear the story being told through the years, “Do you remember the afternoon, we gave it a good try, and it just didn't work out?....”
Besides making a great memory, I learned that my daughter needs to learn lessons on her own. Allowing her to learn these lessons, can't hurt her. We might get soggy, but not hurt. I learned I won't melt if I get rained on. I learned that I like being out in the rain, as it danced on my hoody. I took a chance, and loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment