Thanks for visiting my blog. I have a strong belief in the preservation of family. I love keeping records and memorabilia of our family and everything we do. I have created a website to share some of the wonderful memories I have of my family and of many others that I have been blessed to have been behind the camera for. I invite you to visit my photography website, while you are there if you would like to schedule a photo setting all the information is there. I am a Scrap 4 Hire, which means, I will gladly preserve your family history for you. All you have to do is make the memories.... When you are done here, please visit http://cowgirl-design-and-photog.smugmug.com/

Please help our website, by visiting our sponsor ads. Thank you!

Monday, October 17, 2011

Mom's Life Examples


Fall is one of my favorite times of year. I feel very reminiscent about my childhood. Maybe because I've been thinking about Dad so much lately. I was also thinking about my Mom. I don't want to wait until she passes on, to reminisce about her too. I already kinda feel cheated about my time with my Dad.

Some of the things I remember about my Mom, is that she was always home when I got home from school. My mom sewed a lot of our clothes. She even sewed the cutest little silky underwear with lace across the back. I had a pair in every color. My mom cooked dinner from scratch, EVERY night. My mom had a spot at the end of the kitchen table, where she did all her work, and even her bookkeeping. In fact, she still does. There is so many things about her that I wish I was more like. In spite, of everything my Mom made sure that we had great food to eat, and clothes to wear. I have to laugh, when I remember how we'd hear a honk, honk, honk as my Mom would pull in from the grocery store with a car load of groceries. We'd all run out to unload the car. Guess what, I have inadvertently carried this on to my family.

Out of every example my Mom lived I'm sure my family wished I made a home cooked dinner, EVERY night, or at least several times a week.... I go through phases where I cook quite a bit for my family, and then I run out of steam and stop. I often wonder how these great homemakers did it. Kept up the love, the momentum to cook, clean, do laundry, drive taxi, and not lose the energy to keep it up???? I'm sure we all can look into our lives and remember one of these great Mom's and the examples they lived for us.

What kind of an example do I live for my family? What kind of example would I like to live for my family? I am not going to answer these two questions here. I will say they are sadly two very different answers at this moment. Maybe instead of amusing I know the first answer I should ask my family, what examples I live...I don't really ever know what they are thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment