Thanks for visiting my blog. I have a strong belief in the preservation of family. I love keeping records and memorabilia of our family and everything we do. I have created a website to share some of the wonderful memories I have of my family and of many others that I have been blessed to have been behind the camera for. I invite you to visit my photography website, while you are there if you would like to schedule a photo setting all the information is there. I am a Scrap 4 Hire, which means, I will gladly preserve your family history for you. All you have to do is make the memories.... When you are done here, please visit http://cowgirl-design-and-photog.smugmug.com/

Please help our website, by visiting our sponsor ads. Thank you!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Living My Truth (Step 1)


Tell the Truth ALWAYS! The first and foremost thing that is critical to living my truth is to tell myself the truth. I've lied to myself for so many years, that my perceptions are difficult to distinguish.

I had myself believing that if I didn't agree with those around me, that they wouldn't love me and they would leave me. My truth is, no one could love me, not for real anyway since I never let them know who I really was. They were really loving a mirror of themselves. In spite of my efforts my relationships ended anyway.

I've got myself into such habits of being agreeable that I don't even know what I like, or who I am. Telling myself the truth, does a couple of things for me. First, it is giving me an identity, both inwardly and outwardly. Secondly, it is giving me the freedom of living fearlessly.

Once I know my truth, I can have real relationships with others. For example, something as simple as where I want to have a lunch meeting is grounds for an opportunity to allow someone to know that I love Mexican and Chinese food. At least, the American versions. This also leaves room for real human interactions and negotiations.
I have also found that when I tell myself and others the truth, my relationships grow and become surprisingly more secure.

The Truth Has Set Me Free!

No comments:

Post a Comment