Thanks for visiting my blog. I have a strong belief in the preservation of family. I love keeping records and memorabilia of our family and everything we do. I have created a website to share some of the wonderful memories I have of my family and of many others that I have been blessed to have been behind the camera for. I invite you to visit my photography website, while you are there if you would like to schedule a photo setting all the information is there. I am a Scrap 4 Hire, which means, I will gladly preserve your family history for you. All you have to do is make the memories.... When you are done here, please visit http://cowgirl-design-and-photog.smugmug.com/

Please help our website, by visiting our sponsor ads. Thank you!

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Profound Trust


This life is an experience in profound trust—trust in Jesus Christ, trust in His teachings, trust in our capacity as led by the Holy Spirit to obey those teachings for happiness now and for a purposeful, supremely happy eternal existence. To trust means to obey willingly without knowing the end from the beginning (see Prov. 3:5–7). To produce fruit, your trust in the Lord must be more powerful and enduring than your confidence in your own personal feelings and experience.
Richard G. Scott, “Trust in the Lord,” Ensign, Nov 1995, 16


This is a very challenging action for me to take. I become emotionally charged very quickly, for some reason when my emotions run wild my trust in the Lord seems to become blinded. How strange is that? So, how do I keep my emotions in check so that my trust and faith can keep me connected to Christ and His teachings?

Personally, I have found that if I choose to pray always, keep my mouth in check, (if I shut up, I don't get as emotional), ready uplifting materials, listen to calming music, and keep my goals of staying close to Christ in mind; that my emotions follow suite and I do not get so emotionally charged when those times come that could easily set me off.

What works for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment