Thanks for visiting my blog. I have a strong belief in the preservation of family. I love keeping records and memorabilia of our family and everything we do. I have created a website to share some of the wonderful memories I have of my family and of many others that I have been blessed to have been behind the camera for. I invite you to visit my photography website, while you are there if you would like to schedule a photo setting all the information is there. I am a Scrap 4 Hire, which means, I will gladly preserve your family history for you. All you have to do is make the memories.... When you are done here, please visit http://cowgirl-design-and-photog.smugmug.com/

Please help our website, by visiting our sponsor ads. Thank you!

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Homesteading...

One of the most powerful activities I've found to be motivating to me and my recovery is becoming a Prepper. Not in a doomsday, sorta way, but in a lifestyle sorta way.

In my recent posts you can see that I have started making my own laundry soaps, dishwasher soap, hand soap, and so on. I love it. I love the simplicity! I love how I can teach my children to become more self-sufficient. Spending time with my family, teaching them to become more self-sufficient, is the total opposite of co-dependency! There is a new sense of love and joy in teaching. I'm so excited to see my children grow, in a way that builds their self-confidence. Subsequently, I have a "real" sense of success knowing I am giving them something they can do for themselves. 

I'm getting ready to order my first round of heirloom seeds. I've not planted a garden in many, many years. Let me tell you my motivation for using heirloom seeds this year. Growing this garden, is like growing my new life. The seeds are key. My life is a seed right now, in need of light, love, nutrients, love, water, and more love, along with some tender loving care. The extra special thing about the heirloom seeds, is that at the end of this growing season I will have the opportunity to prepare the seeds I harvest from my plants to be stored and planted next season.

I have the opportunity to grow and regrow year after year. I have the opportunity to prepare and nurture my children in the same way. 

I want to invite you to come along with me this whole growing season, and share in the beauty of watch my new life bloom.
I also want to invite you to come over to the Homestead Barn, and visit with all the wonderful contributors to the Barn Hop that they are currently presenting. There is a endless flow of ideas to simplify your life, and to build a provident life for your family. 
 http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2013/02/homestead-barn-hop-97.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ThePrairieHomestead+%28The+Prairie+Homestead%29




No comments:

Post a Comment