Thanks for visiting my blog. I have a strong belief in the preservation of family. I love keeping records and memorabilia of our family and everything we do. I have created a website to share some of the wonderful memories I have of my family and of many others that I have been blessed to have been behind the camera for. I invite you to visit my photography website, while you are there if you would like to schedule a photo setting all the information is there. I am a Scrap 4 Hire, which means, I will gladly preserve your family history for you. All you have to do is make the memories.... When you are done here, please visit http://cowgirl-design-and-photog.smugmug.com/

Please help our website, by visiting our sponsor ads. Thank you!

Friday, February 8, 2013

Charity

"The simplest form of charity is a kind word. You never know what experiences that person has had to endure in life and a kind word could make all the difference to them."--Unknown

I read this on someone's FaceBook page yesterday, and it occurred to me just how profound that statement is. (I want to thank this person for sharing.) You see, yesterday I committed to doing something that way out of my comfort zone. I mean so far out of my comfort zone, I couldn't even see where my comfort zone was. I had prepared for this experience, for almost a year. During which time, I had talked my self out of doing it, and back to being committed to doing it everyday. Yesterday, was my day. I spent the morning putting the final touches on my project, and prepared it for it's destination. 

I realized that I needed to go to the bank and cash a check...Ok, well that was an excuse for holding off just a little bit longer. I'm so thankful, that the Lord was watching out for me. I pulled up to the drive-thru at the bank where I was met by a kind woman, with a smile on her face, and a song in her voice. I don't think she was specifically kind for my benefit, it was just her nature. 

As I drove away, I audibly said, to no one in particular... "People can be nice to me, for no reason." I felt a surge of courage, and hope in my heart. It was just what I needed to finish my project, and send it on to it's next stop. I'm so thankful to this kind woman for the gift she gave me, just when I needed it. I'm also so very thankful to Christ, for His hand in helping this woman live up to her privilege. 

No comments:

Post a Comment