Thanks for visiting my blog. I have a strong belief in the preservation of family. I love keeping records and memorabilia of our family and everything we do. I have created a website to share some of the wonderful memories I have of my family and of many others that I have been blessed to have been behind the camera for. I invite you to visit my photography website, while you are there if you would like to schedule a photo setting all the information is there. I am a Scrap 4 Hire, which means, I will gladly preserve your family history for you. All you have to do is make the memories.... When you are done here, please visit http://cowgirl-design-and-photog.smugmug.com/

Please help our website, by visiting our sponsor ads. Thank you!

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Can You See Them?


I’m involved in several forums and blogs. I’ve recently noticed that everyone has something to say, whether they say it or not is an entirely different story. Is what we have to say raging or stirring something more powerful within? I ask this because of some of the agendas that are so predominate in our media today; for example gay rights or the recent legal issues regarding polygamy or polyamory .
What rights are we entitled to? As we walk into our local “big box” store, the signage designed to assist us in finding what we are looking for are often in both English and Spanish. Further, as we walk to our local town square often we can find a group of people either demonstrating or protesting something they believe to be an injustice against them. Of course, on the opposite side of the town square is a group protesting against the group on the other side. Who is right? Whose protest should be honored?
Do you stand in one of these groups, or do you stand in a group of your own silence? The question that begs an answer isn’t who is right, but more over what anger is raging? Mother Teresa said, “Never invite me to a war protest, but always invite me to a peace rally.”

What is the difference between a war protest and a peace rally? My simple answer is where your heart is. If your heart is at peace and love it can be inviting between the two differing parties.  Again Mother Teresa said, “If you want a love message to be heard, love has got to be sent out. To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it.”

As our society rages with agendas, and feelings of being entitled because they are different we need to invite them into our love. Each one of them is Jesus in disguise. There are agendas raging in society that are against the will of God, but if I may be so bold; it would be even more against God if we rage against them as a person. We need to love openly and honestly. It doesn’t mean that we must agree with beliefs that are against the laws of God, but we shouldn't rage a war against them either.

If you find yourself at an anti-war rally, consider your heart. Can we as a society, one by one pull together in this perilise time and find love for each and everyone around us?

Consider that person that is raging in their agenda; consider they are full of fear, full of discontent, full of a contradictive spirit. Can you see them as Jesus sees them?

No comments:

Post a Comment