Thanks for visiting my blog. I have a strong belief in the preservation of family. I love keeping records and memorabilia of our family and everything we do. I have created a website to share some of the wonderful memories I have of my family and of many others that I have been blessed to have been behind the camera for. I invite you to visit my photography website, while you are there if you would like to schedule a photo setting all the information is there. I am a Scrap 4 Hire, which means, I will gladly preserve your family history for you. All you have to do is make the memories.... When you are done here, please visit http://cowgirl-design-and-photog.smugmug.com/

Please help our website, by visiting our sponsor ads. Thank you!

Friday, July 27, 2012

Surrendering My Will


I’ve been thinking so much about surrendering my will to the grace and safety of my Jesus Christ. Letting go is somewhat a scary thought. Another scary thought, is that keeping my agency to myself is largely what has gotten me to where I am. How will I know what the Lord is directing me to do? How will I know if I am in the way, or if Satan is planting ideas? I love what I read in the ARP manual, so
Surrender our entire lives, ---past, present, and future---and out will about our lives to Him.
Elder Neal A. Maxwell of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles made the following statement about this most significant decision: “The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s alter. It is a hard doctrine, but it is true. The many other things we give God, however nice that may be of us, are actually things He has already given us, and He has loaned them to us. But when we begin to submit ourselves by letting our wills be swallowed up in God’s will, then we are really giving something to Him.” (Insights from my Life,” Ensign Aug 2000, 9).
President Boyd K. Packer of the Quorum of the Twelve described his decision to yeid his will to God and the freedom that decision gave him: “Perhaps the greatest discovery of my life, without question the greatest commitment, came when finally I had the confidence in God that I would loan or yield my agency to him—without compulsion or pressure, without and duress, as a single individual alone, by myself, no counterfeiting, nothing expected other than the privilege. In a sense, speaking figuratively, to take one’s agency, that precious gift which the scriptures make plain is essential to life itself, and say, ‘I will do as you direct,’ is afterward to learn that in so doing you possess it all the more.” (Obedience, Brigham Young University Speeches of the year [Dec7, 1971], 4).

No comments:

Post a Comment