Thanks for visiting my blog. I have a strong belief in the preservation of family. I love keeping records and memorabilia of our family and everything we do. I have created a website to share some of the wonderful memories I have of my family and of many others that I have been blessed to have been behind the camera for. I invite you to visit my photography website, while you are there if you would like to schedule a photo setting all the information is there. I am a Scrap 4 Hire, which means, I will gladly preserve your family history for you. All you have to do is make the memories.... When you are done here, please visit http://cowgirl-design-and-photog.smugmug.com/

Please help our website, by visiting our sponsor ads. Thank you!

Monday, July 30, 2012

Sacrificing My Weakness


“The submission of one's will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God's alter. It is a hard doctrine, but it is true. The many other things we give to God, however nice that may be of us, are actually things He has already given us, and He has loaned them to us. But when we begin to submit ourselves by letting our wills be swallowed up in God's will, then we are really giving something to Him.” (Insights from my life, Ensign, Aug 200, 9)

Sacrificing my Weaknesses
“A religion that doesn't require the sacrifice of all things never has power sufficient to produce the faith necessary unto life and salvation.” Joseph Smith, comp., Lectures on Faith [1985], 69

Am I willing to sacrifice my:
--will?
--way?
--Permitting in my dwelling any behavior that offends the Spirit of the Lord?
--Wanting to be loved more than wanting to love?
--Blaming others for my pain?
--Being a victim?
--Fearing for the consequences of another's poor behavior?
--Shielding another from the consequences of their choices?
--Remembering my pain without God's grace or tender mercy?
--My pity parties and dark solitude?
--Resentments?
--Fear, anger, isolation?

How does my sacrifice of my weaknesses, pertain to submitting my will to God? As I have taken the scripture Ether 12:27—If men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then I will make weak things become strong unto them.--As I have taken this scripture into my life it requires me to sacrifice my weaknesses unto Christ. I have to admit that I am not strong enough to manage this weakness on my own. Through this sacrifice I turn my will over to Christ.

At first, I turned my will over to Christ out of fear, fear of hell fire, fear of disappointing my family especially my father.  No matter what, I always took my agency back. Then as I continued to work on this principle I started to turn my will over to Christ in fear of not wanting to resin, to fall back into old and painful patterns of my life. Just like before I would take my agency back. I was just to afraid.

Now my desire has grown from this place to where I desire to be in the loving shelter of my Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ all the time. I no longer desire to turn my will over to out of fear, but now it is out of love. I'm not been made perfect in this but my weaknesses are being made strong in that I am sustained in my weaknesses when I can't do it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment