Thanks for visiting my blog. I have a strong belief in the preservation of family. I love keeping records and memorabilia of our family and everything we do. I have created a website to share some of the wonderful memories I have of my family and of many others that I have been blessed to have been behind the camera for. I invite you to visit my photography website, while you are there if you would like to schedule a photo setting all the information is there. I am a Scrap 4 Hire, which means, I will gladly preserve your family history for you. All you have to do is make the memories.... When you are done here, please visit http://cowgirl-design-and-photog.smugmug.com/

Please help our website, by visiting our sponsor ads. Thank you!

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Music Calms the Savage Beast


Have you ever considered how music affects your soul? Like many people, I have a favorite Pandora station. I love listening to the beautiful songs of yesterday as I stand in the shower feeling the warm water run on my head, washing all my cares away.
Recently, I recognized that when an instrumental is playing my heart and soul catch the ebb and flow of the song and begin to dance with every note. I get lost in the memories the melody holds secret and in wait for me. I feel as if I can wonder here forever.
My heart skips a beat or sometimes two, when suddenly a song starts to play and the first words comes in to the air, the words are weighted and seem to pull me to them. Sometimes I sing a long, my words floating along with the words in the song.
I know that the depth the beauty is gone. I have learned that if I am struggling to get to my center, the soft gentle sway of just the perfect instrumental will lead me right where I want to be.
Now don’t get me wrong, songs with lyric can also take me to a special place, a place I love to be. I’m just suggesting that I recently, I have found that for me music is powerful, it is for pleasure,  it is also to help find my quiet center.

No comments:

Post a Comment