Thanks for visiting my blog. I have a strong belief in the preservation of family. I love keeping records and memorabilia of our family and everything we do. I have created a website to share some of the wonderful memories I have of my family and of many others that I have been blessed to have been behind the camera for. I invite you to visit my photography website, while you are there if you would like to schedule a photo setting all the information is there. I am a Scrap 4 Hire, which means, I will gladly preserve your family history for you. All you have to do is make the memories.... When you are done here, please visit http://cowgirl-design-and-photog.smugmug.com/

Please help our website, by visiting our sponsor ads. Thank you!

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Life's Headaches...


You know I've been thinking. (Ha Ha) I've talked A LOT about turning my life over to Jesus Christ. My focus has been turning over my weaknesses to Him, and allowing my weaknesses to be what they are. This morning my question is when my physical body is in a state of DIS-EASE how can I turn that over to Jesus Christ?

For example I have struggled with chronic headaches for many years. I have just suffered through them and believed that life was meant to be this way. In this last year, my headaches have become almost debilitating. I began a personal journey to figure out what is the best way for me to deal with them. I have tried many things, that just haven't worked. I have gone through times where I have felt frustrated, defeated, and allbut suicidal.

This morning it dawned on me that I can work through the 12-step program to come to a loving acceptance of my condition. So far, I have been making all the decisions as to my treatment plan for these headaches. My new focus is to step back and quietly listen for inspiration as to how is the way the Lord would have me deal with my headache treatments.

I start this day with several questions, “How can I benefit from these headaches?” “What can I learn from having these headaches?” “If I let these headaches go, how would my life be different?” “What limits do I place on my life due to my headaches?” “How does FEAR play a role in my headache treatment?”

Now, I pose the question to all of us...What things in our lives that make our lives unmanageable as we are living them? How can we let go of trying to control these things and turn them and our will over to Jesus Christ?


Maybe these headaches are trying to teach me something. Maybe I will always have these headaches, but I don't have to be one. I don't have to limit my life because of headaches anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment