Thanks for visiting my blog. I have a strong belief in the preservation of family. I love keeping records and memorabilia of our family and everything we do. I have created a website to share some of the wonderful memories I have of my family and of many others that I have been blessed to have been behind the camera for. I invite you to visit my photography website, while you are there if you would like to schedule a photo setting all the information is there. I am a Scrap 4 Hire, which means, I will gladly preserve your family history for you. All you have to do is make the memories.... When you are done here, please visit http://cowgirl-design-and-photog.smugmug.com/

Please help our website, by visiting our sponsor ads. Thank you!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Authenticity


A couple weeks ago, I found that I was behind on some work I needed done. In my search for authenticity I asked my wonderful hubby for the day to myself to work. This meant he would do all the things I normally would for the family plus all the things he normally would do as well. My past thinking errors would normally fill me with guilt, and anxiety. This day was perfect! I accomplished more in this one day than I had in the whole week. Much to my surprise the family got so much done in the yard, they made a “game” of the work that needed to be done.

In that day, I learned that I can ask for what I need, and that things work out in ways I couldn't imagine. Yep, things worked out “good.” Would I be regretting my decision if they hadn't? Well, honestly, things didn't work out the way I thought they would. I wouldn't have thought that my hubby would have made a “game” out of the day. If I had been involved with the family. Would I have taken his choice away from him? Would I have prevented him from being their Dad? Asking for what I needed, gave my family the room to grow and become stronger.

I also learned that next time I need something like, time or help I will ask. I realize there is no guarantee it will work out with a happy ending, but it will work out with lessons learned. I will grow stronger and my family will undoubtedly grow stronger.

I will somehow find the courage to do the things that my heart impresses on me. I will look for the new perspectives in the viewfinder of my camera to lead me to new heights.  

No comments:

Post a Comment